The 200 Club, our branch’s monthly lottery, reached two milestones in July 2018:
- Since the first draw in May 2015, our members have raised more than £10,000 for Parkinson’s UK
- and the lottery has paid out over £6,000 in cash prizes
Funds raised by 200 Club members go towards finding a cure and providing better care, treatments and quality of life for everyone affected by Parkinson’s. Using 200 Club and other branch funds raised in 2017/18, our Branch was able to support four excellent research projects:
- GDNF-7: a combined therapy for Parkinson’s, led by Dr Oscar Cordero Llana, University of Bristol
- Finding new ways to treat anxiety, led by Dr Jerome Swinny, University of Portsmouth
- Better drug screening – finding new uses for old drugs, led by Dr Heather Mortiboys, University of Sheffield
- Predicting dementia in people with Parkinson’s, led by Professor David Burn, Newcastle University.
Our aim is to grow the Club’s membership to 200 subscribers. Annually, this would mean £7,200 of funds raised for Parkinson’s UK and cash prizes of £4,800 to be won.
Please help by spreading the word about the 200 Club to increase membership.