This role now filled. Thanks for looking.
Are you interested in making a difference to those affected by Parkinson’s?
We are looking for a Branch Secretary to carry out the admin duties and support the committee and the branch.
Anyone can apply for this role – you don’t have to have a connection with Parkinson’s.
What the role involves
As a branch secretary you will:
- be a point of contact for enquiries to the group
- attend regular committee meetings, encouraging other volunteers to be involved
- assist with the organisation of the group’s programme of activities
What you could get out of volunteering
As branch secretary you would have the opportunity to:
- do something meaningful for people affected by Parkinson’s within your local area
- meet new people and make new friends, both in the group and in the local community
- learn and develop valuable organisational, administrative and people skills
What we’re looking for and why
We are looking for volunteers who:
- have strong administrative, organisational, communication and IT skills in order to enable the smooth running of the group
- are able to make balanced decisions taking into account multiple views in order to meet the needs of local people with Parkinson’s
- are collaborative and team focused, in order to gather and distribute information effectively to everyone involved
No previous knowledge of Parkinson’s is necessary, but this would be helpful.
The role would involve approximately 4 to 6 hours per week.
Find out more and apply
If you would like to discuss the role before applying please contact us.