Please support the Amersham and High Wycombe Branch of Parkinson’s UK with a donation today.
Click one of the following as required …
Why support us?
- Donations pay for the things our branch does, such as support meetings, respite care and activities
- We help everyone affected by Parkinson’s in our area – not just people with the condition but also their spouses and other family members
- Our branch is run entirely by volunteers – we have no paid staff and we don’t have any premises
- So we don’t have any overheads, which means everything we get in donations goes directly towards supporting people locally or funding scientific research into finding therapies and a cure
- Our branch relies totally on local donations and fundraising: we get no funding from head office
Some of the things our branch does
- organise monthly meetings and social activities which bring together people affected by Parkinson’s for mutual support
- organise Care & Share meetings to support people who care for, or share their lives with, someone with Parkinson’s
- provide respite care, which gives a wife, husband, partner or any family carer, the chance to take a break: to take time out for themselves to meet a friend for coffee or play a round of golf, for example
- provide a range of activities such as singing and dance groups, hydrotherapy, Conductive Education and walking groups
- raise awareness of the condition, of the work of Parkinson’s UK and of our branch
- raise funds for scientific research into new therapies and a cure