21 November 2015
Thanks to a full house, our Food for Thought quiz made a fantastic £1514 for Parkinson’s UK.
The funds will go towards a special research project which will use revolutionary new gene manipulation technology. It will look for genes that protect people from Parkinson’s and might pave the way for radical new treatments.
The winners, by just one point, was the team called “It’s Parky Tonight”. More photos at the bottom of this newspost.
Our grateful thanks go to:
- Cathi Grainger who organised the event
- pudding cooks Sue Brown, Sue Keir, Janet Smith, Anne Burnard, Margaret Howell and John Grainger
- Jackie Connors and Gina Kelland who worked wonders in the kitchen on the night
- David Jarman for the loan of his equipment
- John Grainger our scorekeeper
- Trevor Owen, our quizmaster
And, most of all, huge thanks to the quizzers without whom we would not have achieved such an amazing sum for Parkinson’s research.