This role now filled. Thanks for looking.
Are you interested in marketing and publicity and want to make a difference to those affected by Parkinson’s?
Our branch is looking for a Marketing and Publicity Volunteer to help build our profile and communicate with the local community. Anyone can apply for this role – you don’t have to have a connection with Parkinson’s.
Through this role you will:
- help to promote activities through leaflets and posters, this web site and in the local media
- work with the branch and other volunteers to gather information about upcoming events and activities, and write them up in a concise, attractive way to be used in publicity
- develop ways to promote the branch, including leaflets and posters, local media, online and social media
This is a fun and creative role and through becoming a Marketing and Publicity Volunteer you will:
- forge new friendships and meet new people, both in the branch and in the local community
- gain valuable organisational, teamwork and people skills
- help to make sure people affected by Parkinson’s in the local area know about the branch’s activities
- use your marketing and communication skills and experience to make a real difference
- learn about the work of a major health charity, and be an important part of the wider Parkinson’s UK network
In order to fulfil this role you will have:
- excellent writing and communication skills
- regular access to a computer and experience of using email and Microsoft office
- experience at writing press releases and news articles (useful but not essential)
- the ability to stay motivated and work independently
No previous knowledge of Parkinson’s is necessary, but this would be helpful.
The role would involve about 3 hours per week, sometimes more.
Find out more and apply
If you would like to know more about the role before applying please contact us.
To apply, please download and complete this application form: Volunteer recruitment application form (PDF, 3.6MB) .
Please email your application form to volunteer@parkinsonsAHW.org.uk by the closing date.