Parkinson’s UK Amersham and High Wycombe (PAHW) 200 Club Rules
- The name of the club is ‘PAHW 200 Club’ regardless of the number of members and is hereafter referred to as the ‘200 Club’.
- The objective of the 200 Club is to raise funds for Parkinson’s UK.
- The 200 Club will be administered by the PAHW Fundraising Working Group.
- Applications for 200 Club membership may be made online at www.parkinsonsAHW.org.uk or in writing on forms available from PAHW and, on acceptance, members will receive a card bearing details of their membership.
- Members may subscribe individually or jointly for as many shares as they wish. Shares may be purchased in the names of children provided the parent or guardian takes responsibility for payments.
- The subscription year will run from 1 May to 30 April.
- Subscriptions may be paid (1 ) annually by online bank transfer or (2) annually or monthly by standing order. The total subscription will be £60 annually or £5 monthly for each share. Members joining part way through a year will pay a subscription pro-rata to the number of months of the subscription year left to run. Subscriptions cannot be Gift Aided.
- Subscriptions will be eligible for draws if received 1 0 days or more before the draw date.
- Draws will take place at monthly Branch meetings which are on the fourth Tuesday of each month. The exceptions are June, when the draw takes place at the annual barbecue and December, when the draw takes place at the Branch Christmas lunch.
- Each month, the 200 Club’s income will be split 40% to the Prize Fund and 60% to Parkinson’s UK.
- Monthly prizes will be drawn from the Prize Fund as follows:
- One First Prize each month of 50% of the Prize Fund up to a maximum of £150
- One Second Prize each month of 25% of the Prize Fund up to a maximum of £75
- The remaining 25% of the Prize Fund each month will be allocated to multiple Third Prizes (at least two, at the discretion of the club administrators) to a maximum of £25 each with no limit to the number of third prizes.THUS if there are 200 share subscriptions the Prize Fund will total £400 and prizes will consist of 1 x £150, 1 x £75 and 7 x £25
AND if there are 300 share subscriptions the Prize Fund will total £600 and prizes will be 1 x £150, 1 x £75 and 15 x £25
- Prizes will be rounded to the nearest whole number of pounds.
- Any small residues left in the Prize Fund will be carried forward for prizes from the following month’s Prize Fund.
- Prize winners will be contacted within seven days. Winners’ names will be listed in Branch newsletters and on the Branch website www.parkinsonsAHW.org.uk.
- Any prize cheques not cashed within six months will be deemed to be a donation to PAHW. Prize winners wishing to donate their prizes to Parkinson’s UK may Gift Aid them if they are eligible to do so.
- A register will be kept recording the name, address and other contact details of each member, the number of shares held and the subscriptions received from them.
- Accounts will be available for inspection at the PAHW Annual General Meeting.
- Any revisions to these rules will be notified to members in advance of a new subscription year.
These rules were adopted at a meeting of the PAHW Branch Committee on 23 February 2015.